The South Central Food Network aims to educate and engage communities in self-reliance, dignity in food access, needed reform for the food system, environmental sustainability and the cultural significance of food.
We envision all people, at all times, having the physical and economic access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food that meets their dietary requirements and preferences to live an active and healthy life. (Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, 1998)
We are simply people helping people through collaboration and active participation. All of our partners are working to improve accessibility to safe, nutritious food and clean water for everyone.
1. Promote local food choices and resources
2. Build capacity through community kitchen programs
3. Advocate and education the community on food security
4. Perform an environmental scan to identify gaps in the food system
5. Explore the development of a Community Food Centre